4 April 2017
For web browser:
- Install addons: uBlock Origin, Google search link fix, DownThemAll!, Disconnect, Zotero.
- Install new browser: Qupzilla.
Installing new software:
- Emacs (I always wonder why 100% free GNU distros gNewSense, Parabola, and Trisquel don’t include Emacs by default)
- Scribus (I want to continue Rootmagz)
- Recordmydesktop (console version is enough and even greater!)
- Shutter (I’m a UbuntuBuzz & Linuxku.com writer)
- apt-xapian-index (to show Synaptic search bar)
For desktop menu:
- Install Advanced MATE Menu (apt-get install mate-menu) so my Super key’s active and it resembles Mint GNU/Linux desktop.
For desktop appearance:
- I change the layout into Redmond. It resembles KDE.
For bandwidth management:
- Add Network Monitor (Mate Netspeed) to bottom panel.
- Install GNOME Calendar.
- Upgrade GNOME Calendar to 3.24, but due to error I downgrade it tonight to 3.18.
- Import my .ics from KOrganizer from another OS.
For desktop notes:
- I look for Tomboy on repo but it doesn’t exist.
- I install Noblenote tonight.
- I added Ubuntu Zesty repo and upgraded GNOME Calendar to 3.24 from there. But again because of error, I downgrade it.
For package management:
- I install Synaptic Package Manager.
This article is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.