Some reviews I’ve written on UbuntuBuzz lately about Bionic Beta 2 flavors, are, all installed on a 16GB SanDisk SDCard using a USB card reader. Not only Bionic, but Trisquel prerelease version is also installed there. One common problems among all systems I’ve installed there is they are all broken after one or two times of using. Broken here means failure in the filesystem, aka, corrupted, aka fsck checking needed. And in all systems after I did fsck on each of them, all the data inside the partition are gone (deleted, or removed into lost+found/ directory). So this breakage was the problem.
I want to solve this problem, however. And finally I think “how about changing the filesystem to btrfs?”. Yes, as you could see on UbuntuBuzz, all my tutorials recommend EXT4, because I myself only use EXT4 in all time. So this time I tried to change it to BTRFS. I installed Trisquel 8.0 Final Stable two days ago and yes! The problem seems gone. I can use the SDCard with Trisquel over BTRFS there without breakage, without fsck checking too, and without corrupting the partition! Then it is solved for now. This way I can continue my review to the new Trisquel and more. Ah, yes, I should say that installing with EXT4 into SDCard takes 30 minutes, while with BTRFS I found it takes 1 hours.
However, I don’t know if the same problem could happen again in next time. Walhamdulillah.
This article is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.