Previously, I don’t know why my Firefox (latest version on latest Fedora Rawhide) cannot play videos on PeerTube. Yes, you’re correct, the video I watch is Introducing GNOME 3.30 “Almeria”. The web says “No compatible source was found for this media” but clearly the commenters seem to be able to play the video so this problem is only for me. Then I installed FFmpeg (from RPMFusion “free” of course) and finally videos playing without error on Firefox. It works! However, it’s Firefox 62 and ffmpeg 4.0.2 on Rawhide I got at 15 September 2018. Thanks Framasoft and PeerTube Project, Mozilla and FFmpeg Project, thanks Fedora community, and thanks GNOME Project for making great video of 3.30 available at PeerTube.
If you want to know more about PeerTube, a federated “YouTube” that is free software, read on official website and FAQ.
This article is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.
- sudo dnf install gettext-common-devel gettext-devel autoconf-archive gtk3-devel gcc-c++
- Fedora 26
- I encountered errors while building pre-build samples such as ‘AX_GENERATE_CHANGELOG: command not found’
- GNOME Builder can download big amount of data (Flatpak library things) without my permission by default and I dislike this, I value my internet bandwidth more than this
- I have experiences in Qt Creator previously (I like it so much), so GNOME Builder is a new thing for me
- Clean interface, easy to understand, no excessive number of buttons, build buttons are straightforwardly placed on center (this is good)
- Build output are placed in a way that is simple and understandable, easier to copy the messages to the internet
I really like the licenses selection on new project screen. This eases new programmers to get accustomed to free software development. Good job, GNOME Developers!
Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.
I copied here some first lines from that page:
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
- To: gtk-list redhat com, kde fiwi02 wiwi uni-tuebingen de, guile cygnus com
- Subject: The GNOME Desktop project.
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 22:19:34 -0500
The GNOME Desktop project
(GNU Network Object Model Environment)
End of copying.